Thursday, September 11, 2008

A New Resource For Doctors

Over the years I've had my share of bad headaches. Most recently, I probably had the worst headache I've ever had. Whether it be an Acute Headache or a migraine headache...if you've ever experienced them, you know how bad they can be!! Mine have had me feeling so sick that I've actually considered going to the emergency room at times! Have you ever been to that point before? It's awful.

I do have a prescription that I take when they get really bad, however like all medications, there's only so much I can take in a day. With the last headache I really wish that I had known if there was anything else I could take with it....as it just wasn't helping to cease the pain. Now I know that I could have probably called my Dr who most likely uses the free online clinical solution from Epocrates.

Never heard of it before? Well, it's a great online resource for healthcare professionals who need to find information on different conditions, drug interactions and more!! It comforts me to know that there is a technology like this for doctors so that they are prescribing safely and diagnosing correctly. It's a growing trend, as over 500,000 healthcare professionals are using it on the web already!! I can see why. What better way to get the facts easily and quickly. This is great for both the clinicians and the patients.

If you'd like to learn more about them and the technology they've created, check out Epocrates, Inc website today!
This announcement was paid for by Epocrates.

No comments: