Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cheap Gas

I have enjoyed the fact that gas prices have fallen greatly but it is sad to think that $1.63 gas is cheap. That is what we paid for gas today. I heard on the radio the other day that it is expected to skyrocket when the economy gets better. I don't understand why it should go up so much when the economy improves. Right now, when things look bleak, we are paying less for gas. It seems like companies would want to see it remain at a lower price, but then again I am sure they want increased profits. Maybe there should be more controls on fuel in our country. I am not usually in favor of more government control but if companies can't do it by themselves I guess they may need help. It sounds like we could have produced huge amounts of fuel right here in our great country but the incoming government will stomp that idea into the ground. I wonder why that is. Do some politicians gain by not drilling here but instead doing business with other countries? It makes me wonder.

No comments: