Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is Christmas Worth It?

Guest post written by my buddy Keith Kramer

Bah humbug! I think I'm the Grinch, or maybe I'm Scrooge. Whichever name you choose, so be it. I am grouchy about Christmas and the holidays, I don't want to make a big deal about it all. My wife fusses way too much about which presents to buy for what person. Have we gotten too commercial? Yes!

We spend Christmas Day at my parents' home. They live in the same city we do, but I'm still sure to set my home security alarm from securitychoice before we travel. I am glad that we don't have to drive too far because I am concerned about being on the roads during icy conditions, which can happen where we live.

My parents don't make the big deal about Christmas that my wife does. My parents still think of Christmas as a time when people get together to eat a good meal (or two) and catch up. After all, isn't Christmas about spending time with the people you love? Sure, a few presents are great, but do we have to buy the entire store?

So Christmas isn't my favorite time of year. I love seeing my family and traveling to see my folks, but I like to keep it real. Christmas is about togetherness. Christmas is about seeing the people you love and having a good time without being too commercial!

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: