Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week of technical difficulties

This guest post from Lewis Beck

Ever since the kids had a bunch of projects they could not work on because our Internet kept going out, I have been considering getting direct tv internet set up at our house. I have heard that it is pretty reliable, especially for where we live. That was such an ordeal. The kids both had science fair projects that were due the same week. Of course, they put them off until the last minute so that we were panicked trying to do experiments, research and reports almost all in one week. On top of that, when we finally got to the part where the kids needed to do the research and actually sit down and write the report, we just had problem after problem first with our computer and then with the Internet. Needless to say, it was a rough week for the family. I told the kids we could never have that type of situation again and that included the technical issues we had. Hopefully if I switch, I can avoid things like the Internet cutting out every few minutes when my kids are frantically trying to find useful information! What a week that was!

No comments: