Sunday, June 19, 2011

Young Entrepreneur

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

Even though I’m only 19, it only made sense for me to open my own business. I’ve always been really self motivated and knew I wanted to own my own design firm someday, so what better day than today! I knew exactly what to do to get it off the ground, so I stopped by the Small Business Administration and talked to them about setting up an LLC, and also about how to handle my taxes correctly. After that, I did a domainnames.com and found a good URL for my business site, then designed the whole thing myself, obviously, since I own the firm! I had to make it really good, though, especially since my clients will surely judge the quality of my work based on the site I own! Once that was done I contacted a local marketer about helping me get the word out and I must say, he did a great job. I’ve already got two clients lined up and I think I definitely made the right decision for myself and my future!

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: